The picket training provides the basic skills for planning successful pickets, protests, and marches, including:
- Choosing a concrete goal, an effective strategy, and tactics
- Roles at the action
- Scouting and mapping the location
- Threat assessment & security basics
- Promotion and turnout strategies
- After-action reporting and feedback for improving future actions
Labor organizers and community defenders have used the framework presented in this training to plan successful actions for over a decade. We welcome attendees from all backgrounds and with all levels of experience.The training should take around four hours.
To register for the training, please fill out this form: Picket Training Registration Form. We only have space for eight attendees, so register today if you plan on being there!
We request that attendees wear masks while inside the East Side Freedom Library, as per ESFL policy.
Questions? Email email@example.com.